Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bawdiness and Benedictines

Susan Rose e-mailed me this link, which she got from her brother .... she commented that the last line sounded like me. It's an article about Dolores Hart, who starred with Elvis in movies and then became a nun (which I had heard about before). However, though she is prioress of her cloistered abbey, she has been a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for quite some time; she takes pride in this membership, and votes every year for the Academy Awards.
Does that mean she sees all the nominees, no matter how bawdy?

"Yes, I do," she replied with a smile. "If you're a Benedictine, as I am, you're supposed to be capable of integrating anything."
This speaks to the humanity and wholeness and "moderation in all things" of our Holy Father Benedict. Glad to know that his non-judgmental non-absolutedness reaches far and wide.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! And yep, that line totally sounds like you!

4/12/2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I thought you were elvis?

4/12/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I saw that yesterday and felt so proud of you. Other orders can claim a direct line to this saint or another, but how many can claim such a line to the King?

Seriously though - I'm sure it's a fun story for 'What I did before I took the veil' evenings. Because everyone was someone once. Still is.

4/12/2006 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here