Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Narrow at the Outset, Part II

I finally got around to scanning the program cover for my first monastic profession last summer. I referred to it in my first (real) post since it was the inspiration for the title of my blog, so I figured I'd share it with you all. It looks better on paper, obviously, but at least this gives SOME sense of it. The photo is one that I took my first winter here of the grassy Hildegard's Labyrinth on our monastery grounds; the text only took 17.2 gazillion tries to get right (and the best one wasn't even usable b/c of poor contrast, sigh). So, for what it's worth ... here's one of my better bits of artwork:

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Beautiful oh sloggy one. Or is that Sister Sloggy?

9/29/2005 2:09 AM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

i am reading "the cloister walk" right now and everywhere i go, i am being smacked in the forehead by lots of his stuff.

this is so cool.

(i swear i should have been a nun. maybe in my next life........

(i love your art, by the way. post more, please :)

9/29/2005 6:48 AM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

"his stuff" meaning benedict.

and my dad was a benedictine oblate prior to his passing, may he rest in peace. this was after being away from the Church for 30 years.

there's hope for all :)

9/29/2005 6:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The cover is beautiful!

9/29/2005 12:14 PM  
Blogger Steph Youstra said...

Thanks for the comments, folks .... I guess that means I need to do more art if I should post some, huh? :-) Although, I could just scan in more photos ....

10/03/2005 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here