Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Feelin' Sloggy

That's a word coined by my "big" brother -- at least, he's the only person I've heard use it, besides those of us who picked it up from him. He's music minister for my parish back home, and he would use it as a descriptive term for times when the choir was, well, sloggy. It's hard to put it into words, so hopefully you can figure it out.

Anyway, I've been feeling rather sloggy lately. It's kind of this drifting, semi-apathetic, unproductive, sloggy time for me. And there's not really a reason, at least not that I can put my finger on. School's going pretty well -- I guess I got mad enough to use that perfect tone of voice last week because my "challenge class" has been super non-challenging for the last couple days. Sure, there's been a lot of health issues and death/loss issues going on back at the monastery, but ..... I don't know. I'm not sure if I can chalk this up to that or not.

All I know is that my room is a pit of despair, I've lost all sense of bedtime/morning routine, I'm not as on the ball with school as I'd like, I'm not doing any of the fun random "me" stuff that I'd like (but never seem to get around to), and I'm getting sucked back into the world of mindless computer games (especially instead of going to bed!). I had gotten pretty good about all this over the summer, but it seems like it's all fizzled out.

And I know that if I could make my room a peaceable space, then it'd be easier to (re)establish a bedtime routine, which would be more conducive to my going to bed, and therefore, being well-rested would get me balanced with work and leisure, and so it's all interconnected like that.....

But .....

Slogginess does not lend itself very well to productivity of any kind, especially room cleaning.

Hence, the absence of anything of worth, value, or significance even posted .... non-sloggy-blogging requires thought, which also isn't happening.

NARGH!!!

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here