Wednesday, February 15, 2006

And now, a word from the "Awwwww" files

WESTON, Fla. - If any female juniors at Cypress Bay High School weren’t aware of classmate Paul Kim — they know him now. The 17-year-old junior ordered 500 red roses and had them delivered to nearly all his female classmates on Valentine’s Day. A card attached to the roses said, “To all the lovely ladies of 2007, here’s wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day. Affectionately, Paul Kim.” He said he used money he had been saving since his birthday in December to pay for the roses, which cost about $900. “To me, Valentine’s is a special day,” Kim said. “I realized that not many girls would get anything and it would be an ordinary day. I figured I’d take the initiative and put a smile on their face.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah. $900. I'm torn between, "wow," and "woah!" Sweet vs. psycho. My jury is out.

Maybe I'm just bitter cuz I didn't get one! ;-)

2/15/2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

I'm with Natty but I'm leaning to the sweet side of things. I hope they all gave him a great big hug.

2/16/2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger Keturah said...

What a sweet gesture coming from the most unlikely of "sweet" sources - a high school boy.

I wish the boys I'd gone to school with had been half that giving and nice...

2/16/2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here