Thursday, April 13, 2006

Entering into the Silence .....

I'm back at the monastery for these high holy days; celebrating the Triduum at the monastery includes an extended silence to truly enter into the sacredness of these days. As part of the silence last year, I steered fully clear of the computer and newspaper during the full three days. I still would like to stay off my standard distractions (web et al.), but now that I have the blog going, this week I've been thinking of sharing with the blogosphere what all goes on in a monastery (mine, anyway) during this special season. During Mass tonight, though, I'm not sure. If nothing else, I'm not sure if I can avoid that most evil blogroll over there on the sidebar. Plus, I'm not sure if blogging the time would help make me reflect more on the experience or pull me out of it. Not sure. I'll just have to wait and see. As will, I suppose, all of you. So, if you don't see me here for a bit, you'll know why. And if you do see me here, I guess all this is a moot point. Otherwise, you all better not see me over at your places these next couple days, otherwise I might have to beat myself up. :-)

In the meantime, I'd like to leave you all with an interesting little reading I used as the opening prayer for my classes yesterday and today. Some good food for thought, even if you're not too into the "religion thing." It's one of the readings in Bread and Wine: Readings for Lent and Easter; it's written by Morton Kelsey and is titled The Cross and the Cellar.

And, on that note ..... I'm signing off. If I don't show back up ..... blessings on your Triduum, Easter, Passover, and/or weekend, whichever it is that you choose to celebrate.

Peace out.

2 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Happy Easter, Steph! I know these days have been busy for you, but definitely let's get together in the near future.

(I won't tempt you by commenting anymore until you post here again.)

4/13/2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

Blessings to you to, Steph.

4/14/2006 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here