Thursday, December 15, 2005

Quickie Plea for Prayers

Still swamped under the list ... some has been done but just not crossed off, but more still is yet to be done -- in some cases by first period today. However, I just wanted to throw out a quick shameless-plug prayer request for me -- I've been doing this constant off-and-on back-and-forth about the same stuff that I finally [didn't] blog about two weeks ago. But, in the midst of absolutely having to create a study guide for an as-yet-unknown exam so that it can be xeroxed and distributed in just about seven hours, it all reared its ugly head once more. Now, I'm planning on taking some down time at the monastery over break where I head out to camp with just me and my journal, throw a fire in the wood-burning stove, and figure out what the heck is going on in my skull, but in the meantime .....

I really need to get this work done!!!!!!!!!

(Speaking of camp --- Jeana, can you check if it's open maybe Thursday or Friday and sign it out for me? Also, I was gonna put a link to it from the virtual tour, but it's not on there, not even in the arial shot.)

Oh, and as an aside, my mom thanks everyone profusely .... she had a doctor's appointment Monday, a mere ten days after her surgery. Instead of another week of staring at her toes and two months of no driving, she received the go-ahead to both lift her head up and drive. So she's a much happier camper now. She won't know for several months how much of the vision will return in that eye, but .... at least now she can point that eye in more that one direction!

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

prayers coming as ordered.

hang in there.

camp????? I look forward to hearing more.

12/15/2005 1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camp is a beautiful secluded spot--yet not too far from the hill, right on a small lake.

I think it'll be just the thing for ya, Steph!

12/15/2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

It sounds like your mom is doing great. Keep it up, God!

12/15/2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger seeking_something said...

Congrats on your mom.

Much as I like your blog, cut the cord, Steph. No electronics until you get your critical stuff done. Have fun!

12/15/2005 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. First I come across your very cool blog because you happened across the rudest post I've done in a long time :) and then I find out your mom just had a vitrectomy. (I had mine in August 2003). I hope she's continuing to improve; that face down stuff gets pretty tiring after a while, but my adapted massage chair really helped. Hope you won't mind that I'm adding you to my blogroll.

1/02/2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here