Friday, January 20, 2006

Weekend Wonderings -- Audience Participation Edition

So, as you all may have noticed from previous posts (and/or the lack of previous posts!), things have been kinda odd for me lately. Right now, in fact, I'm sitting at home, having been sent home from school yesterday for being white enough to match my pants (including my lips, apparently) or else being green, depending on who you talked to. So I stayed home today, not wanting to push my luck (I have serious issues surrounding the escaping-of-food-from-the-same-place-from-which-it-originally-came) -- especially considering that we have a formation class this weekend that requires an 80-minute drive this afternoon with someone who is even more puke-phobic than I and who doesn't even really want me in the car with her because of this potentiality -- which WILL NOT happen. I'm extremely strong-willed when it comes to this.

But, I digress ....

The point I wasn't quite getting to was the fact that my brain is thoroughly non-functioning. I cannot, for the life of me, come up with a decent Weekend Wondering. I might later, in which case I might amend this post, but right now, nothing is coming to mind. Which is very stinky because I know there have been various times where I've thought "Ooo, that could be a good one!" But do I write it down so I could use it at times like these? Of course not. That would make sense.

So .... I'm thinkin' I'll take the cop-out route today make the sacrifice of remaining silent and allow you all the chance to have a voice. Isn't that so kind of me?

Thus, without further ado, I present you with today's extra-special edition of the Weekend Wonderings ....
What do you wonder?
It's wide-open, folks. Things you wonder large-scale or small-scale, those imponderable questions of life or those imponderable questions of Steph. Here's your chance, the voice you've never been given (not including your own blog, which gives you far more of a voice than you get here -- but here is the really important voice, the only voice that matters. Not that I'm biased or anything...) So, then, out with it -- Whaddya wonder?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how you can have two dogs who don't get along very well and then add a third one and everything's just peachy. Pack mentality? The honeymoon period? The dogs now outnumber the people and equal the number of cats.

1/20/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I wonder how I can boil my response down to fewer than fifty pages. What was the question again?

1/20/2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

I wonder why there's always so many unpopped kernals in a bag of microwave popcorn.

I wonder where my puppy thinks I'm going when I walk out the door every Monday morning after I spent the whole weekend with her.

I wonder how its possible that I stood outside last night in 60 degree weather and tonight its icing and sleeting.

I wonder why God ever made static cling.

1/20/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Keturah said...

I wonder how I am so antsy all the time and can't seem to turn my brain off, and my cat can be content spending his entire life rotating between sleeping on the gold pillow, sleeping on the pink pillow, silently begging for food, and staring at the shower drain?

I wonder why, no matter how hard I try, I can't be a happy person if I wake up before 8am?

1/21/2006 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here