Friday, January 13, 2006

Prayer Request .... or ....?

Continuing the trend of my family's respect for my higher calling. I present here as evidence an e-mail received tonight from a different brother (not the one who sent the nun toys); no, this one is from the season ticket holder, and, well .... I'll just let his words speak for himself.

Hey Steph - just checking in, with a quick suggestion that you go to that prayer board and wipe out all the names and replace them with a general plea for the Redskins. We're taking it on the chin by just about all the prognosticators and need as much help from as many corners as we can get it. Coach Joe has to be in God's good graces, so it's not that ridiculous a request. The poor and the sick and the dying you will have with you always, but the Skins this close to the Super Bowl.... eh.... not so much.
Hope you get to see the game.... GO SKINS!!!
Well, as a born-and-bred Washingtonian, growing up in the Gibbs era, so thoroughly thrilled when he came back from retirement and having no one in Nowheresville who understood the significance of that event, I gotta say .....

GO SKINS!!!!!

If anyone's looking for me between 4:30 and 8 EST tomorrow, I'll be by the TV. Anyone wanna join me? It's not nearly as much fun by yourself ....

And, as I said previously, doesn't this explain me a lot more???

UPDATE 6:30 PM: Ummmm, folks??? I don't think you're doin' your part here .......

Update to the Update .... well, we've had a good run. An awesome way to pull things out in the end of the season, and worlds apart from the last several gazillion years. Good job, guys -- there's always next year. At least that doesn't sound like the hopeless wishful thinking like it has for the past several years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

The Sisters I live with during my weekends in Seattle are, of course, Seahawks fans.

I'm not a huge football fan, but having 2 brothers and also having grown up in DC during the Joe Gibbs era (I even think we may have gotten the day off school when they won the SB), I too am a "Go Skins" kind of gal. I can sing the song after all....

But I was told (jokingly - I hope!) in no uncertain terms that I needed to root for my new hometown team.

A dilemma. I think where I'll be tomorrow 1:30 PST is sitting at the tv with my Sisters, watching the game, cheering real loud on the inside for MY hometown team.

I was born in the district after all. Of course don't they play in Laurel now.

No matter. With you in spirit Steph!

And for the record, my brother thinks it's hillarious that it took living with nuns for me to watch football!!

1/13/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Faustus and FrankenKitty said...

The skins train in my hometown. Good luck with Shaun A.

I'll root for them if u root for the steelers!

1/14/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Steph Youstra said...

If I'm not mistaken, don't the Bears still have a game to play tomorrow?

1/14/2006 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here