Sunday, May 14, 2006

Blessings on your journey, Ettel

About two months ago, I wrote the following:

"Ethel better not sneak out on me the way Elaine did...."

Well, she didn't. I got to be there. And she's now hanging out with her buddies Terence and Elaine, among others.

And she already made her presence known at Evening Prayer as we tolled the bells for her. But the story of that and the weekend will be written up tomorrow morning sometime.

In the meantime .... blessings on you, my sweet. You put up an amazing fight, and I'm glad you decided to take your reward. Say hi to my other buddies up there and know that you were extraordinarily loved. Thanks for being so deceptive in your appearance of a "sweet little ol' nun" ... and thank you for loving me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

((steph))
May Ethel rest in peace and rise in glory.

5/15/2006 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your sisters have my deepest condolences, Steph. You're in my prayers, as is Ethel. It's been a rough weekend, eh?

5/15/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

You know my thoughts are with you and the other sisters. What a beautiful life she must have had to be blessed with you sitting beside her for the end of it. Let me know if I can help in any way.

5/15/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger see-through faith said...

sorry for your loss but rejoicing that she is home.

be blessed
and take care of yourself.

May God give you another sister, also posing to be a sweet little ol' nun, with whom you can journey - and remember Ethel.

5/16/2006 4:01 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

My mom imagines her relatives sitting around a table, playing cards, because that's how she remembers them as a kid. I don't know what the equivalent for your Sisters is, but I wish them happiness and peace, and hugs to you.

5/16/2006 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here