Friday, June 30, 2006

Evacuation Update

Looks like things will ultimately be OK, at least with my parents' house .... things at the dam seem to have stabilized somewhat, though I think my sister got to host them for another night. All sorts of pictures and such are on the ever-cited Post. Just tonight I finally found this graphic, which shows the evacuation areas. It's probably best that I didn't see it before, because I was just assuming they were worried about water from Lake Needwood, which is a decent distance away. I totally never even considered "Oh, the water will flow into Rock Creek, and the overflowing creek will flood Mom & Dad."

For the record .... the house in which I grew up, in which my parents still live (as well as some of my stuff!) is that first little red squiggle (closest to the dam) that looks kinda like a telephone.

Yeah .... prolly good I didn't see that earlier .....

2 Comments:

Blogger HeyJules said...

Wow, Steph, how scary! I'll keep your family in my prayers this weekend.

6/30/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

There are times when thinking small is the best way to manage, to believe that it is really only a creek (as we usually think of them) that is causing a little bit (so you think) of trouble. Otherwise it's too intimidating to even tackle.

I'm glad your parents and all those memories are still okay! Although maybe investing in a waterproof box for the photos might be a good idea too.

6/30/2006 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here