Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's that time again!

Continuing my fine tradition of Shameless Plugs For Visiting My Monastery ....

For those who might be interested in a road-trip pit stop .... we're located halfway between Evansville & Louisville on I-64, right down the road from St. Meinrad Archabbey and off the same interstate exit as Holiday World. And, while you may not have heard of the family-owned Holiday World (I must admit, I made fun of the concept when I first arrived), they actually rank pretty high up there. They won the International Applause Award last year; two of their wooden coasters are listed among the top 10, and the new one this year has been hyped all over the place; they've got the tallest enclosed water slide and various other prize-winning things. Plus, they do free soft drinks and sunscreen; first to go mostly smoke-free except designated areas; repeatedly the cleanest and friendliest park .... it's just cool. But enough of all this roller-coaster hype -- I'm supposed to be hyping my place! However, if you want to visit my place and you happen to have an extra ticket to Holiday World .... I'd be more than happy to be of assistance!

For a more legible version .... click here.
Registration is due by June 15th, but let me know if you're interested (comment or e-mail) and I'll hook you up. It's always a good time ... a great time-away, a chance to explore Benedictine life with no strings attached for more than two days ..... and, what can I say? It's a beautiful place. Oh, and I'll be there too --- what more could you want?

We also have posted the latest edition of The Castle on the Hill, our vocation newsletter, which has a nice article on discernment, as well as articles and pictures of both first profession and entrance to novitiate. And, as an added bonus, the last couple pages have little one-liner scripture reflections for every day.

Really, while you're at it, check out our whole vocations page. It's got some really good stuff. Except ... pay no attention to the part labelled Teen Page. It is merely a figment of your imagination, a mere placeholder, as it were, for the wonderfully phenomenal things that will develop as soon as a certain blogger returns to the monastery for her summer service. (By the way, anyone have any ideas for a page on spirituality/faith for youth? No matter -- that'll be a shameless bleg for next week!)

Or, if you're not interested in the vocation side of things but just want to come check out a very cool monastery .... let me know & I can hook you up with that, too. Sure, we have official guided tours, but if you're with me, you might get a little more bonus material thrown in there, some extra-personalized attention.

And, for future reference .... dates for next year's visits are (drumroll, please):

Benedictine Life Weekends/Week:
October 13-15, 2006 ~ The Importance of Benedictine Life in Today's Society
January 5-7, 2007 ~ Lectio: Praying with Scripture
March 16-18, 2007 ~ Following the Way of Benedict
June 22-28, 2007 ~ One Community, Many Ministries

Advent/Lent Days of Reflection:
December 9, 2006 & February 24, 2007

Discover the Treasure of the Hill:
November 10-11, 2006 ~ high school juniors and seniors
April 20-21, 2007 ~ high school freshmen and sophomores

Camp Marian:
June 12-14, 2007 ~ junior high campers; high school counselors

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I am ever going thru that part of Indiana, I'll pay a visit. Perhaps we could have a beverage and a chat. I would like that.

Peace

6/03/2006 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An additional bonus to the plug: our esteemed sister didn't mention that her favorite sidekick will be on the staff for the Benedictine Life Week!

6/03/2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here