Sunday, February 26, 2006

Shameless Plug -- Two for the Price of One

Check out the first two Shameless Plugs for the full scoop:
Are You Jealous?
Where Do You Fit in God's Journey?

And, for some very cool picture links, visit my Shameless Plug, Part II

Not only that, we were featured in today's Louisville Courier-Journal's Travel section (unfortunately, they didn't upload the pics they had in the paper).

Why do I bring this up? Because I am offering you not one but two, count 'em, two opportunities to visit our monastery and explore a vocation to the Benedictine way of life (anyone, of course, is welcome for a visit at any time ... these are just a couple vocation specific opportunities!):

March 4 Lenten Day of Reflection (for some reason we don't have this one posted, so the link is for the Advent one. But don't worry, it's the same drill ... just a different season!)

March 24-26 Benedictine Life Weekend ~ The Monastic Horarium: Daily Life (see the two aforementioned Shameless Plugs for the specific details on this)

And if you're a plan-ahead-er ...
June 30-July 6 Benedictine Life Week ~ Monastic Profession: Stability, Conversatio, Obedience

Also .... the Archdiocese of Louisville is holding a "gathering for single Catholic women who are examining the purpose and direction of their lives" on March 5 ... the hope is that perhaps this can lead to the formation of a Women's Discernment Group or other kinds of programming. E-mail me if you're interested and I can pass along specifics.

And, while I'm at it, I might as well hype two other events, possibly for you parental-types ....

April 21-22 Discover the Treasure of the Hill ~ an overnight experience for 9th & 10th grade girls (of course, my students keep asking about "The Slumber Party"). There will be one in the fall for juniors and seniors
June 13-15 Camp Marian ~ for girls currently in grades 6, 7, 8, with all sorts of camp-y kinds of fun, including swimming, tents, games, archery, campfire, etc. High school and college women are also welcome to join us as counselors for the time.

So, if you have an interest in any or all of these, let me know and I can give you more info. Or, if you have any ideas of what might be helpful and/or if you can't make it to these but still want more info, let me know and I'll help you out with that, too.

Or, if you're not on the Vocation Market, but still want to come by and check our place out, we've got a pretty involved retreat center. And heck, we're Benedictines, and what are Benedictines known for if not their hospitality .... so even if you want to come take a hide-out day and check out some way-cool architecture, check out our tourism info or, better yet, talk to me ... I'll set ya up!

So what are you waiting for? Come on and register already!

1 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Hooray for the article! We get the paper about half the time, and I'm sorry I didn't see it. Thanks for pointing it out.

And another thing Benedictines are known for: green cream cheese! (Okay, different Benedictine, but...)

2/27/2006 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here