Saturday, February 25, 2006

Weekend Wonderings -- The Æxasperating Aggravation ænd Annoyance Ædition

I thought I'd take a moment here to share one of my major pet peeves, something that really bugs me and drives me batty .... something that I find so incredibly irreparably rude and inconsiderate. And you know what that is? Certain bloggers. Actually, it's just this one blogger that I'm really taking issue with these days. It's awful, what this person does. All these people come to aforeunmentioned blog and leave all sorts of wonderfully supportive and brillantly insightful comments, and how does this person respond? She/he/it doesn't! {One of the token male teachers in my all-girls high school would get a little annoyed at the turbo-militant feminist campus minister; one day he shared with us the best way to abbreviate the whole She/He/IT situation. He also wanted to ask her, one day after we had just prayed the "Our Parent, who art in heaven," if at the Easter renewal of baptismal promises, she rejected Satan and all her evil ways. But, while he was smart not to actually ask the questions, we in his third period history class derived great entertainment from it. But, as I have a tendency to do, I digress.} Anyway, not only does this blogger not respond to aforementioned comments, oftentimes there's the potential for the commenter to feel as though the commenter's thoughts were completely disregarded. How rude!

Ok, so maybe once in a great while the comments would be acknowledged and accoladed {is that even a word?}, but more often folks are just left hangin' in the wind. Not even a "Thanks for stopping by." I should teach him/her/it a little bit about Benedictine Hospitality!

And to make matters worse, as if they couldn't get any worse, this blogger actually has the gall to request, nay, demand Audience Participation every weekend for exactly the last five months .... which is pretty bold considering the blog has only been in existence for seven months and three days {although, technically, it's been around longer, but I'm thinking in terms of it's being a real blog}.

Can you believe it? I can't imagine anyone feeling the desire to leave comments when they will receive so little respect and attention!

And yet, if you've followed of the links, you've discovered the reality of the blog in question, and that this post should more rightfully be titled Weekend Wonderings -- The Apologetic Ædition.

Which leads to this week's very simplistic and almost rhetorical question:
Can you ever forgive me? :-)
Peace out, folks, and have an awesome weekend!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a goose!

Not everyone interacts in the comments box. It's ok, really.

2/25/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Like Fr. Jim M at St. Gabriel told me - you're forgiven, even before you confess. :-)

2/25/2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

There's nothing to forgive, Steph. Life is busy. All of us who blog understand that. So don't worry! But if you want to be forgiven, then you are. Remember, "Son of David, have pity on me!"?
:) and peace,
Lisa

2/25/2006 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Dear Steph:
As a spiritual person and writer, may I commend to you my book, Master of the Jinn: A Sufi Novel, a mystical adventure tale on the Sufi path of Love. I think you might like it :)
You can view the book and read an excerpt at http://www.masterofthejinn.com
In the name of the Merciful, 10% of all profits go to charity.

Peace and Blessings,

Irving

2/25/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Silly Silly Steph. We love you. Especially in the mechanized male voice!!!!

Peace back at ya,
Susan

2/25/2006 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgive you, and will comment anyway, just because I like you, like your blog, like what you write, and you are a Benedictine homie (er, sister), and Lord knows I have a soft spot for you types.

Peace sis

2/25/2006 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here