Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hail to the Redskins ....

Since I moved out of the DC area, the televised opportunities to see my team have greatly decreased ..... and, in the last several years, there hasn't necessarily been much to watch even when they were on. But then today I happened to see that they were being broadcast here .... and the timing was perfect in that I could see the game before doing my church-restoration-celebration hospitality shift.

And .... they won. They beat da Bears. Granted, it wasn't quite as exciting as it was for the rest of my family who was at the game, but still .... I'll take what I can get.


Even better for fans of any team, though, or even non-fans .... the homeless, cityless, and stadiumless Saints won, too. A 3-seconds-left field goal that put them over the top. They gave the game ball to the city of New Orleans and another to the entire Gulf Coast. Not that it's all about sports, but at least the Black and Gold gave them a little taste of home to celebrate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just FYI, the deep red text doesn't really show up; I could read it when I highlighted. me

9/12/2005 9:50 PM  
Blogger Steph Youstra said...

Is this, by chance, the "me" that looks like me? :-)

It shows up OK on my screen .... I was trying to celebrate the Burgundy & Gold.

9/12/2005 11:32 PM  
Blogger will smama said...

Did your family really enjoy the whopping total of 9 points?

Just a gentle tease from a GIANTS fan who is stunned by a 42 point outburst... against Arizona... okay they suck too, but still!

9/13/2005 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here