Friday, November 04, 2005

Weekend Wonderings

Last night we had the "Dinner with the Archbishop," which is a time for young people throughout the diocese to come and perhaps begin to explore the idea of a religious vocation. Different religious communities had displays for the guests to look at, and at dinner, they had all of us clergy and religious folk scattered throughout at different tables so there would be opportunities for conversation. After we finished eating, there was a panel of about six different priests and sisters; each of whom shared a little bit of their vocation stories, and how they came to be where they are today. Very entertaining, since so many of the stories revolve around the idea of "No way I'm gonna be a priest/nun!"

While sharing vocation stories could be interesting, I figure I'll hold off on that one for perhaps a long weekend -- since those are probably more involved, that way I could give you all a bit more time. In the meantime, though ....

How does God speak to you?
How do you know what God wants of you?
Of course, these presume that you know ...
... but DO you?
Or ... do you just take it on faith and hope for the best?

Happy Weekend. May it be filled with beautiful weather and magnificent colors!

8 Comments:

Blogger seeking_something said...

God speaks to me in many ways, and I'm sure most of the time I'm not receptive. Sometimes he speaks through others, sometimes it's a thought, and sometimes it's a feeling (along with a thought). I don't think I ever knew for sure, so it's a matter of just winging it and hoping that I got it right or at least I'd be steered right.

11/05/2005 1:39 AM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

great question ... fits into my own weekend wonderings. Check out my blog for a long winded non-answer.

11/05/2005 10:37 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I think one of the reasons I like to go off on a long walk in the woods by myself when I am troubled about things is that I need to be away from all the noise of every day life and in a place where it is quiet enough for me to listen.

11/06/2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

God occasionally has to bash me over the head about things, but it doesn't always make sense. Like having me lose a pregnancy in order to teach me what's really important in life. I just wish I didn't have to lose my job and another pregnancy; I got the hint the first time.

11/06/2005 11:53 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

When I'm paying attention, through gentle tugs on my heart. But since I'm not always paying attention, most of the time it's through other people.

11/06/2005 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's off-topic, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!!!!!!

See, I remembered? Check my blog too!....

11/06/2005 6:54 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

It's your birthday?! Wonderful! Enjoy!!

11/06/2005 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natty beat me to it, but yeah folks, it's Steph's birthday! Hope you've had a good one!

11/07/2005 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here