Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Dangers of Clicking

Good Morning, Bloggy Buddies! We have a late opening today because of parent-teacher conferences last night, and so I decided to make the most productive use of my time by doing my daily blog-surfing. And, as I would hate to be more enlightened than the rest of you, I felt it important to share all my new discoveries with you. So, without further ado, I share my morning highlight with you.

Suzanne over at Life in the Suburbs had a nice little post about how sometimes you can follow one-too-many links in your aimless clicking. So I had to post my own two cents, since the item to which she was referring was one that I, too, had inadvertantly discovered. Unfortunately for me, the malady continued as I was posting my comment, and .... well .... shudder. The experience was enough to outweigh my many other possiblities for Phantom Scribbler's Wednesday Whine.

So, the best part of agony like this is sharing it with friends, because you know they won't be able to resist the siren song of that seductive little underlining.

Go on, just try. Try to restrain that finger as it slides, ever-so-imperceptibly, closer and closer to that evil hyperlink. You know you shouldn't, that there are toilets to scrub that would be more pleasant use of your time ... but now your index finger is primed. The last moment, every ounce of strength and self-control ....

And then you think, "Aw, heck, it's just a blog-post hyperlink. Why am I even thinking about it? Just click already, you spineless link-follower!" And with firm force and conviction, down the finger descends.

[Time passes ... links visited ... blog-friends thoroughly creeped out and vow never to return again to this way-that-should-have-been-narrower ... and yet must return for more, like the evil zombies in that Halloween movie from two days ago ...]

Tune in next week to hear Steph say: "See? I told you so!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smirk* I did cave and click the link to the post in question. However, once I read "The Keeper," I didn't even need to click. I know what it is. I've never actually seen one, and I can't see myself using it, but I also know several women who swear by them. I wonder if it's a lesbian/feminist/crunchy-granola-girl type thing, because that's the kind of circles where I've heard about them. But I don't really even like or use the other "internal" option either.

11/03/2005 9:33 PM  
Blogger will smama said...

iw


and might I add, shame on me.

11/03/2005 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here