Monday, February 27, 2006

Gack!!!

I'm not sure why, but it almost feels like I'm more nervous about Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences than I was in November .... which is odd, because that was my first time with them here at this school. Although, in November, the parents had just received the first quarter report cards, and so they had a pretty decent sense of where their daughter stood in my class. Now, we're still a good three weeks or so out from report cards, and since many of these kids I'm having for the first time .... the parents are pretty clueless. And I haven't updated the grades online like I've intended, and I have a pile of tests that are mid-grading-progress, and .... So these parents might show up and want to know what their daughter's grade is at this point and I will be thoroughly unprepared to give them an answer.

I guess maybe that's why I'm more nervous. Sigh.

Oh well, I'm off to put on grown-up clothes. If this blog is never updated, you'll know that I went down in the wrath of a vengeful parent.

4 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

You are a sister! And no matter how unexperienced or young you are, you have the 'nun aura' about you. Do not be afraid, your historical reputation goes before you.

2/27/2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

"If this blog is never updated, you'll know that I went down in the wrath of a vengeful parent."

Steph, I swear...you crack me up!

Uh oh...is it wrong to swear on a nun's blog? Yikes! I'm not going to get a ruler across my knuckles, am I???

2/27/2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger see-through faith said...

so ... how did it go?

3/01/2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger Deacon Mike said...

Steph, maybe you should see if they can make it grandparent-student night. Those of us in my generation who were taught by nuns would never DARE back talk a Sister. Especially if we had made that mistake back around 1962. Not that I would ever have done that, LOL.

Mike

3/01/2006 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here