Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Five ~ Avoidance

Thus our Friday Five: name five things you do when you are trying to avoid doing what you really need to do.
~ Courtesy of Songbird on the RevGalBlogPals

The jury's still out on Sue's entry .... heeheehee!

I think I already addressed this issue back here, when I asked it as my own Weekend Wondering ... and I know it shows up elsewhere as well .... at least, whenever I got around to it, anyway ...

In reality, there's no easy answer for this question, unless maybe to say that I do whatever is NOT what I'm supposed to be doing. For example, I never quite get around to cleaning my room, although it drives me batty as it is .... but when it comes time to do a self-evaluation or write a test or something like that – WOW! Look how nice my desk looks!

And then there's anything on the web .... checking e-mail, blogs, games, looking for new e-mail, puzzles, googling old friends, blogs, seeing if there's any mail yet, newspaper reading, blogs, quizzes, blogs, e-mail ....

Generally, the name of the game is "Whatever I shouldn't be doing." If I need to write a letter, I'll clean my room. If I need to clean my room, I'll write a letter. And oftentimes I'm not even sure what I've done in all this time, except that I've done absolutely nothing. This whole "getting something done" is actually a serious annoyance/concern of mine, but oh well ..... maybe one of these days I'll try to figure out what's at the root of it.

In the meantime, I'll just finish writing about .... hey, look over there! :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is off-topic, but will you be working with One Bread/One Cup this summer? I hope so. Not that I'll be around. I'll be doing CPE. Just curious. I was talking to Fr. Brendan yesterday and he said they always have a couple of Ferdinand sisters around for the program.

4/29/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Am I supposed to answer? I guess I will, so I can put off doing other things (like writing, making lunch, dusting, calling my parents, answering your post about 'the sin of the world,' etc.).

1) Checking email/blogs/news incessantly
2) Reading a book (esp. 'research' on my novel)
3) Laundry (but not ironing)
4) Sleeping (perchance to dreaming)
5) Making notes on my novel (but not writing the novel itself)

Although - in my defense - this morning I have stripped the bed (but not changed it), vacuumed (but not dusted) and commented on your blog (but not yet written in mine).

4/29/2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading your "About Me." I was thinking seriously about it. Rather than telling them what to believe, which is to impose upon their consciences, why not tell them what they've already signed up for. Kind of a truth-in-advertising thing, with no obligation, free to walk at any time, but here's what you've committed to by virtue of your baptism.

Oh, and, um, I'm procrastinating on a homework assignment for Fr. Guy by making comments on your blog about things you didn't ask my opinion about.

Cheers!

5/01/2006 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here