Sunday, July 02, 2006

"Speaking of Faith"

Sr. Joan Chittister, a Benedictine of Erie, Pennsylvania, was featured on NPR's Speaking of Faith today, discussing Obedience and Action. I only got to hear a little of it, but plan to hear more when I've got the chance. I missed her on Meet the Press on Easter. I know some people take issue with some of Sr. Joan's ideas, but she speaks her piece with great conviction. This interview is framed around obedience, which Benedict approaches as "mutual listening" ... but she also speaks about religious life and the Benedictine Rule and vows as well. So, if you want to hear a little bit of someone else's view of this Benedict guy I keep talking about, check it out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an outstanding interview of Sr. Joan. Thanks for the tip on that Sr. Steph. :)

7/03/2006 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here