Saturday, July 29, 2006

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Back in Loovul .... room covered with various duffel bags and other not-yet-unpacked chaos .... but I also got my "School Starts Soon" letter from work. I opened it, eager to see if they had hired another sophomore religion teacher (since I don't think I could handle 200 kids on my own).

I open the packet.

I skim through the letter.

I see the words ... "theology department."

I read the words surrounding "theology department."

I re-read to make sure I associated the right new-teacher-name with the right new-teacher-department.

I cringe.

I wimper.

I get majorly stressed and heebie-jeebied.

Me, of all people! Panicked?!?

Why, you might ask? What might the words be that escaped from my monumentally traumatized mouth?

I'm sorry, it's just too horrible to admit on the front page here.

I'm worse than my kids.

And what right have I to react in such a frightful manner?

I'm so ashamed of myself.

I really am the Reluctant NunTM

Of course, none of that changes my initial reaction, regardless of how my friend-and-now-housemate tries to console me.

What was that reaction, you ask?

"Aw, crap --- it's a nun?!?!?!?"

And then I went to Google.

go to main page

2 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I don't understand. Did they hire another sister, or were you assigned to a new class?

Remember - you're dispelling nun-myths!

7/30/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Steph, relax! Hopefully the person is just as groovy and human as you!!

7/30/2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here