Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Good News/Bad News

Both from today's Louisville Courier-Journal....
First, from the "It's Funny ... As Long As It's Not Me" Department:
NBC is developing "Real Wedding Crashers" based on the hit movie by using hidden cameras and uninvited guests, says industry trade publication TV Week.
But, from the "Can I Get An Amen" Department:
The following statement was signed by over 100 Muslims attending the Sunday, Aug. 27, afternoon picnic in Cherokee Park here in Louisville. We would appreciate your assistance in publishing this message to the community, from the undersigned Muslims who reside in Louisville and Southern Indiana:
I am a Muslim, and maybe I am your neighbor. I do not advocate or support terrorism, or attacks against innocent people, under any name, or in any cause.

Islam teaches me that if you kill one innocent person, it is as if you have killed all of humanity.

My heroes are Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela, not people who incite hatred and violence.

I believe in the Islamic values of tolerance, compassion and peace. I believe in the American values of equality and justice for all. I abhor violence, and pray for peace.

In the name of God, the compassionate, the merciful, please join me in my prayer for peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last part is awesome!!

That first part makes me long for the days when Reality TV slowly dies off and we have some real sit-coms again!

8/31/2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger Questing Parson said...

All all God's people said; "Amen!"

8/31/2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Amen! It's a shame anyone has to apologize for who they are.

Did you hear about the activist who wore the shirt that reads,'We will not be silent' [referring to the war in Iraq] in English and Arabic - and was barred from a flight? In the words of the TSA agents: 'You can't wear a t-shirt with Arabic script and come to an airport. It is like wearing a t-shirt that reads 'I am a robber' and going to a bank.'

Did I mention Amen, about what you wrote?

8/31/2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Steph, stop by my blog when you have a chance. I tagged you for a meme.

9/02/2006 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here