Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Slightly Panicked

Before I do my petty little wimpering .... please check out the RevGalBlogPals request for prayers from 1-5 CDT today on behalf of Cheesehead. Posts from the 10th forward tell of a beloved leader in her parish who was brutally murdered by her (victim's, not Cheesehead's) son; Cheesehead has to officiate the funeral this afternoon.

Amazing network, this RevGal group.

And, while you're at it ..... ellipsis and her friend Barb could still use some prayers as well, as could my mom and her best friend Barbara. And all the latest cancer and heart stuff that's winding its way through my community. And then there's the minor detail of people killing people all over the world.

Sigh.

Click here to see how I'm beginning to really feel about all this .....

Hmmmm ..... I saw the Cheeshead bit after I typed my petty whine that follows. Seems kinda pathetic, stupid, and insignificant now. But I'll leave it, if for nothing else than to explain my sporadic absences. But the above post kinda puts the rest of this crapioca into perspective.....

Realization this morning ..... school starts tomorrow! I mean, I knew it started tomorrow, but there's a difference between knowing something and realizing it. That means I have to have the syllabus not only written but also polished and run off .... student info sheets polished and run off .... plans for tomorrow .... room situations figured out (especially since one of my floating rooms can only seat 24 and I have 22, 26, and 29 in that room!) .... classroom procedures ready to go .... first night homework ready to assign ..... organization system set up .... and today we have a Commissioning Mass and big lunch at school .... and then I go back to Saint Meinrad for Vespers and Supper to celebrate the Solemn Profession of two of my brother monks .... and then to my monastery for yet another wake (and an update from the prioress this morning has more folks in the hospital -- grrrr!) .... and therefore probably not getting back to the house until 10:30-ish tonight ..... and I still need to get/make a card for the monks ..... and I really need to get the as-yet-unnamed Teen Page worked out ..... and ..... and .... and .....

GACK!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Prayers for your friends and fellow world citizens, and of course blessings to you as you start a new adventurous school year!

8/15/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Mary Sue said...

Wheeeee! *sings* It's the most wonderful time of the year--- *snerk* sorry, couldn't help myself. Prayers for everyone, but most especially you!

8/15/2006 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Situation Normal down there, girl! ;)

Peace and good wishes!

8/15/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, lots of prayers your way!!!

Is your summer really over already???

By the way, I finally found the book I had offered to send you. But I guess, this is not a good time for elective reading, huh?

8/15/2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

By the way, I have to tell you that reading your post actually made me yearn for my days as a teacher... It's all part of the fun of teaching, really :)

8/16/2006 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here