Friday, December 30, 2005

Weekend Wonderings, Year-End Edition

Yesterday was someone's birthday here at the monastery, and there was some battling going on -- she turned 44, but someone was spreading rumors that she actually was 50. I went over to her table at dinner right after we sang and said, "There's some debate going on at our table" and, before I could say anymore, she said "44. 1961." (All this while the sister next to her is mouthing behind her hand "No, she's 50. Old.") When I went back to report to my table, one sister was trying to think of where she was in 1961, and commented that we should all be able to have one thing from each year that we could remember, that would set each year apart.

So .....

What is your "One Thing" of 2005?
Could be good, bad, indifferent, but .....
What will set 2005 apart for you?

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

I think blogging, which i really sank my teeth into this year, and finding the RGBP group. :)

Like your new colors!

12/30/2005 5:58 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

Mine would have to be two things for 2005 - finding God again and blogging. Together, they totally changed my entire world. (Well, okay, technically God did that all by himself but the blogging thing was pretty substantial, too!)

12/31/2005 12:57 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Finding community through blogging and knitting (on the personal front).

On the bigger picture front--Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath.

12/31/2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Just all-around awfulness - two ill-fated pregnancies, tests, surgery, loss of my grandfather, another 25 pounds, hormonal hell. I hope that if I roll it all up into a ball it'll roll away all at once and I'll never have to see it again.

But then I started blogging too (yeah, I wouldn't have thought of it had the others not mentioned it first...) and so that was making the best of a bad situation. Thanks for being a part of it.

12/31/2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

For me it is my trip to the gulf coast in the Katrina aftermath. We went to Waveland, Mississippi, which is a town that pretty much no longer exists. It was life changing. I blogged about it for weeks because I could not think of much else when I got home.

And I started blogging. Lots of us did that, apparently.

1/01/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger seeking_something said...

My memory sucks, so nothing is really going to make 2005 stand out for me years from now. But here goes (sorry, but it's more than one): death of JPII, a wonderful week with the *unnamed* Sisters, return to flight of the space shuttle and its safe return, my layoff, and meeting y'all in blogland.

1/01/2006 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My encounters with The Untouchable. Some good, some bad. But 2005 will be unforgettable because of it. What about you, Steph?

1/02/2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Priesting
And celebrating the Eucharist for the first time.
I will never ever ever forget 2005...a year of such huge blessing.

1/03/2006 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here