Friday, December 30, 2005

Whaddya Think, Round Two

Thank you all for your comments.

For the record, the white-on-black seemed like a cool concept back when I started this blog, but at that point I went for the dots. Now, I decided to ditch the dots, because they sometimes seemed to interfere with the text. I saw the plain back and thought that might help as at least a transition stage, but as I looked at it in reality, I realized that it bugged me to actually read off it, much as it did for you all. I guess the dots also helped break up the white-on-black effect a bit.

My concern, though, was all the previous posts, where I've used colors to set off block quotes, and wanting to find something that could accommodate them without having to go back and re-do everything. Otherwise, a lot of my archived stuff is gonna show up as, well, nothing. Also, I sometimes have issues with a total white screen (at night, when it's dark), so I that's why I went with more of a gray-ish/snowy background color.

That, plus, well .... I gotta be different.

I actually had a different template I wanted to adapt and make my own, but I didn't have what I needed here to make that happen. So, this might be more of an interim-type template (until my next round of exam-writing-avoidance!).

But, my background is nowhere NEAR anything of the designing realm ..... so, again, any comments on anything would be once more appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

5 Comments:

Blogger Faustus and FrankenKitty said...

Great look--trim and simple. One thing to look for: colors vary from computer to computer, monitor to monitor, browser to browser. If you have a chance, take a look at the blog from a few different systems to make sure the color-scheme you want is the one you want as seen by the CPU gremlins.

12/30/2005 1:39 PM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

MUCH easier on the eyes!!!

12/30/2005 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like this look! It looks purple to me! Can't ever go wrong with purple!

But it is annoying to switch templates because you have to re-do all your sidebar info.

12/30/2005 5:56 PM  
Blogger Faustus and FrankenKitty said...

remember to always save your template... that way when you change a template you can cut out the sidebar stuff and cut and paste into new template.

easiest way to save template is to paste it into a notepad file--not word since it will stuff to it.

12/30/2005 7:03 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

I really love the color. I have lots of trouble reading the black backgrounds so this is much better IMHO.

12/31/2005 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here