Friday, March 03, 2006

Weekend Wonderings -- Poetry Edition

Twas the day before weekend, and Steph was confuzzled
She needed a blog post, but ... what? Twas a puzzle!
There'd been lots of entries stashed back in her brain,
But to find time to type them .... well, that was a pain.
But she had to post something, could not skip a day,
Or her two loyal readers would quit coming to play.
So she racked through her brain to see if she could figure
Out something to type that could make people snigger.
"I've got it!" she said, with a
musical flourish,
"I've got just the thing with which I can nourish
Their brains and their spirit, oh golly gee whiz.
I'll just post a meme or I'll take a new quiz!"

(But this last line of mine leads me to a conundrum,
for to make it all rhyme is my first rule of thumb.
But how do you rhyme words you cannot pronounce?
Could add phonetics --- not sure if that counts.
Is it mee-mee or meem or mee-me or mim?
Or mee-me-ma-moshu-pork-mu-mu, now ... hmmmm?
But I suppose my word order makes all of this moot
So let's all just give this sad stanza the boot.)

And it's six hours later, I've returned to my verse
That I left so abruptly to quench students' thirst
For knowledge of justice and church history
(Though I think their thirst was for stuff like coffee).
But I taught them all lots, and I taught them all good,
And it's time once again to return to the 'hood.
That's right, I'm returning to
Chez Ferdinand,
Where the smell of manure drifts all through the land.
And on my way there, I'll have dinner with
Lorem
If my kids go to fish frys I might have to ignore 'em!
Then it's off to the airport, to pick up a guest
Who is joining this weekend's
Vocational Fest.
I'm still trying to figure out how her I'll find
With no picture, description – do I make dorky signs?
But I'm sure things will work out – they have thus before
And the ride's conversation? An hour or more.

Then it's back to the Hill, to the great monastery,
Where the sun will be shining, the air will be .... airy.
My plan is to not bring my schoolwork along,
But I'm so far behind that that might be just wrong.
Oh, curse my bad case of procrastintinitis —
Tests and quizzes beforehand, why can I not writest?

But my words are now fizzling far worse than their norm,
And I fear that this poem is losing its form.
So to those who have suffered all through this bad post,
Let it count of your Lent sacrifices the most.
So I'll now sign off Blogger, I'll leave you and say:
Happy Weekend to All; To All a Great Friday!

And my wondering of today is ......
Has Steph completely lost it?
And, if so .... can you help me find it again?
Peace out, fun friends in BlogLand!

7 Comments:

Blogger lorem ipsum said...

clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*

- Applause for the Poet Laureate of The Dome!

3/03/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger Jody Harrington said...

~applauds~
~cheers!~
~HUZZAH!~

This is super--what an ode to Bloggers' Block.

You da woman!

3/04/2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger Jody Harrington said...

~applauds~
~cheers!~
~HUZZAH!~

This is super--what an ode to Bloggers' Block.

You da woman!

3/04/2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That was GREAT!
What a wonderful trait;
I needed to laugh
and you didn't frustrate.

My, aren't you just
the cleverest nun,
the sweetest friend,
and oh so much fun!!

[Man, that was difficult!]

3/04/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

Steph, if you lost something it certainly was NOT your sense of humor!!!

3/04/2006 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers! Steph, I just want to let you know how much I enjoy reading your posts...you always make me smile!

Jenn

3/04/2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger seeking_something said...

Oh my goodness, that nun sure can rhyme!
She can weave, wiggle and figgle words on a dime!
To her two readers, What a delight she has given.
We can only hope to have more of such in heaven!

[yeah, Natty, it was difficult]

3/07/2006 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here