Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Day of Eatingness

1O Turkey Day, O Turkey Day
It's time to eat some yams and play
Football with all the family
While Dad's inside just eating brie.

It's time for stuffing and green beans
And pumpkin pie and good ice cream.
O Turkey Day, O Turkey Day,
Good times for all my friends, I pray.

As I discussed with my kids the latest round of political correctness while trying to up the can food drive intake (which, at least from what I've seen, has been very minimal), I tried to explain that my intent was not to make them feel guilty. Rather, it was just to get them thinking about all it is that they have been blessed with, and all the people who have brought them to where they are today .... leading them to reflect on how they can be appreciative for what they've received and share that with others.

That being said ..... there will be no shortage of food security at my parent's house this evening. So if I'm absent from the blogging world, simply pay no attention to the turkey-induced coma. Actually, though, I don't usually eat too much on Thanksgiving — probably because Thanksgiving is more of the Brussel Sprout variety. Now, if we had Thanksgiving cookies ......

And so, on that note, I share with you a touchingly heartfelt holiday scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1To be sung very loosely to the tune of O Christmas Tree O Maryland

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Steph!!

eve/lorem

11/23/2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Steph!

11/23/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger will smama said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

11/23/2006 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

11/23/2006 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steph ... just wanted to congratulate you --- your blog was mentioned in the UK's The Sunday Times (Nov. 26, 2006) "Confessional blogs of the internet nuns" at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2471917,00.html.

Sr. Julie
A Nun's Life Blog

11/27/2006 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here